Sunday, April 2, 2017

A Place Where I Belong


Things weren’t very specific
they never were terrific
but I held my head high
and fought the urge to cry
as I walked away
never again to stay
any place for very long

Friends come and friends go
seeds of depth, never to sow
protecting my heart from pain
finding myself out in the rain
looking on in a jealous rage
feeling older than my age
my soul, lost of its song

This prison is of my own making
there’s absolutely no mistaking
the hell I’ve created here on Earth
eternally searching for my worth
in someone else’s eyes
only to find a world full of lies
and always feeling like I’m wrong

If I want to find the joy of life
I have to give up the need for strife
and suffering as a way of being
to look upon the world, and seeing
the beauty and love that surrounds me
to set my heart and soul free
and find a place where I belong.

No comments: